The job hunt continues, but I think I may be getting some clarity...at least in some areas.
This week, I got a lead on a job in FL and I jumped on it, just to find out that within just a few hours, it was filled already. God certainly closed that door quick!
This week, I finally got in touch with a man in the HR dept of Howard County Schools (we've only been playing phone tag for a week now!). All he had to tell me though, was that there are no elementary jobs left and that maybe next year at this time I might be ready to get a job with them! WHAT??? A whole year long interview process- are you serious?? I guess that's why they're the best in the country! Needless to say...that's a closed door!
Then, my wonderful friend Ginny and her husband, were trying their hardest to work out a job and housing for me at their school in California...after several days and some harsh realities that housing costs outweigh pay...God shut that door as well!
All along I have been praying that God would give me some peace about where I should live and where I should be looking for a job...I don't know if the peace was slow in coming this time, or if I was slow in seeing it, but I feel like God is giving me peace to stay here in Maryland for awhile. I really don't understand this because it's certainly not what I desired and I don't have many ties to this place, but God has been giving me good friends who are concerned and who have helped me through this very difficult year. So for now, I'm waiting on the Lord and if I have to sub this year and work another job then I'll do that, there is also another idea I'm tossing around in my mind but I'll be revealing more on that later. Please continue to pray that I can "Be still" and "Abide in the Lord" and seek His next step for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment