Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Quick Week

Where has this week gone????? I can't even believe that it's Saturday again! I am SO thankful it is but it's crazy to think about! 

2 weeks of school left! Where has the time gone? This week has been good and difficult at the same time- I guess all weeks are- we had a field trip out to Antietam (not the battlefield, but close I'm assuming) and the kids got to have an awesome field day- swimming, playing capture the flag, dodgeball, going on the zip-line, canoeing, etc. I didn't have any of my kids, but I did have 5 7th grade boys! It was a pretty interesting day to say the least! It was a nice break and it was a pretty relaxing day, and thankfully, it didn't start raining until after school was dismissed! On Friday, we celebrated my summer birthday where the kids wrote me little notes and we had cake and enjoyed a CRAZY afternoon! 30 5th graders in 1 little HOT classroom! WOW!!! They were great though- they were so excited to find out how old I was :) Oh, the simple things!

This week was good too because of 2 huge prayer requests answered. Mommom's house was finally sold and everything is worked out and we (ok, my aunts) have settlement in a few weeks. It will be sad to see the house go- I have a lot of great memories from holidays, and birthday parties and sleepovers there, but thankfully, those memories will never be taken away! I'm so thankful that it sold so quickly in this economy and that we can move on with our lives, that we don't have it hanging over our heads. The other answered prayer is that Keith passed his test! He had a huge test to re-take on Friday, and it's very exciting that he passed it yesterday. Now he has just 2 more rotations and he will graduate! Very exciting!! I know he's ready to be done and move on to a real job where he can make some money :)

It's been difficult though because with the close of school, it also means that I will be unemployed soon. People have been asking me what my plans are and it's really hard to tell them that I have NO IDEA! Why is that? I guess the Lord is teaching to be a little more patient...I know He has GREAT plans, but I would just like to see them soon. I am a planner and this is definitely teaching me to not plan and just to wait...some more important life lessons right? I'm reading through Psalms right now and it's been great to be reminded of so many amazing truths! Thank the Lord He's in charge and has a perfect plan for me! Just waiting for it to be seen... I am very thankful for the encouragement so many people have been giving to me! Christian fellowship is such a blessing!

No comments:

Background